Keeping it in perspective



The first principle of creating a healthy home: Fill your home with love

Don't let your stress over finding the perfect nontoxic teething toy prevent you from playing with your baby or spending quality time with your partner - We know there are things we can do to reduce the chemical burden in our homes, but we also know that stress can contribute to poor health just as much as any unwanted chemical, so focus first on filling your home with love and making it a sanctuary for you and your family. The effort you make to reduce toxic chemicals in your home is an awesome bonus that falls in line after that first priority.

Hopefully this blog can help make greening up your lifestyle an easy, empowering, stress-free experience. I'll do my best to connect you with resources that can save you time as you seek out the healthiest options for your family, and I'll point you towards products and solutions to fit every budget. I love science, so I'll dig into the research and pull out the practical information. Have a particular question you'd like answered? Let me know and I'll make it my next research project! I'm looking forward to learning from each of you as well via comments and discussion - Please know that this is a positive, non-judgmental place to share your successes, concerns, and questions about finding nontoxic solutions!

4 comments:

  1. I love this- what a great idea for a Blog. You're right, stress is probably the worst toxin that we allow into our homes. Thanks for your wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you like the blog Emily! Thanks so much for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. I am so grateful for the blog also. thanks for making it easier for me to make my life green!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sharing your blog with family and friends so they can help us make a harmless home for our 6 mo old!

    ReplyDelete

 

Questions or requests?

Name

Email *

Message *

About

I've spent 5+ years cleaning up my chemical act, first by researching conventional products and then by finding nontoxic solutions and making slow and steady changes. I blog about my past and current research, recommend products and DIY solutions, and present simple steps that can make a big difference in the health of your home. Harmless Home is a positive, non-judgmental place to share successes, concerns, and questions - If you're looking for entry-level ways to detox your lifestyle, then Harmless Home is for you. Welcome!
-Elisabeth