Simple switch: Hand sanitizer

image sources: 1, 2
I feel pretty okay having some germs in my life, but there are a few situations (like after using a porta potty or changing a dirty diaper on-the-go) that definitely call for hand sanitizer. Both of the hand sanitizers pictured above have the exact same active ingredient, ethanol, to kill germs, yet Purell has an EWG score of 5 while Dr. Bronner's hand sanitizer has an EWG score of 1. I'll take my hand sanitizer without the extra toxic chemicals, please! Next time that little Purell bottle in your backpack or diaper bag runs out, replace it with Dr. Bronner's lovely lavender hand sanitizing spray instead - Check stores like Whole Foods or Pharmaca and pick up one of these everlasting little spray bottles for $3-4.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Questions or requests?

Name

Email *

Message *

About

I've spent 5+ years cleaning up my chemical act, first by researching conventional products and then by finding nontoxic solutions and making slow and steady changes. I blog about my past and current research, recommend products and DIY solutions, and present simple steps that can make a big difference in the health of your home. Harmless Home is a positive, non-judgmental place to share successes, concerns, and questions - If you're looking for entry-level ways to detox your lifestyle, then Harmless Home is for you. Welcome!
-Elisabeth