One simple switch



Comet was a staple in my home for many years, but once I learned that the active ingredient, sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione dihydrate, is known to harm both humans and the environment (not to mention the unknown 98.8% of ingredients listed as "other"), I was anxious to find something better. When I came across Bon Ami, I was instantly hooked - I loved the cute packaging, the price tag (around $1 at our regular grocery stores!), and most importantly, the healthy ingredients! Swap your Comet for some Bon Ami and breathe better while you clean :) Check out the EWG scores for Comet and for Bon Ami - What a difference!

2 comments:

  1. I just have to say that I bought some of this after reading this post. I got it at Target for 94 cents! I would use Comet to clean the shower because it was the only thing that would clean it well enough (we have hard water from a well that makes orange stains after a while). I decided to give this stuff a go. I was super surprised to see that it worked just as well as Comet! The best part is that I don't have to worry about any harsh chemicals. It is my new favorite cleaning product!

    ReplyDelete

 

Questions or requests?

Name

Email *

Message *

About

I've spent 5+ years cleaning up my chemical act, first by researching conventional products and then by finding nontoxic solutions and making slow and steady changes. I blog about my past and current research, recommend products and DIY solutions, and present simple steps that can make a big difference in the health of your home. Harmless Home is a positive, non-judgmental place to share successes, concerns, and questions - If you're looking for entry-level ways to detox your lifestyle, then Harmless Home is for you. Welcome!
-Elisabeth